My Published Articles
For the Dudes
- Hybrid Density Training: The Best Fat Loss Workout You’re NOT Doing. Link HERE.
- 10 Reasons You’re Not Building Muscle. Link HERE.
- The Abdominal Trifecta Workouts. Link HERE.
- Intensity Amplifier: Four Rep Tempos in One. Link HERE.
- 6 Recovery Strategies for the Workout-aholic. Link HERE.
- 11 Reasons You’re Not Breaking Through Training Plateaus. Link HERE.
- 4 Weightlifting Tips to Master. Link HERE.
- 5 Ways to Fire Up Your Cardio. Link HERE.
- 8 Ways to Spice Up a Plank. Link HERE.
- Two Weeks to Strength Workout. Link HERE.
- Workout Finisher: Metabolic Cardio Mix Up. Link HERE.
- Two Weeks to Burn Fat Fast. Link HERE.
- 5 Reasons You’re Tired of Working Out. Link HERE.
- Time Crunch Training: 15-minute Chest Routine. Link HERE.
- Time Crunch Training: 10-minute Back Blast. Link HERE.
- Time Crunch Training: 15-minute to Wider Shoulders. Link HERE.
- Time Crunch Training: 10-minute Arm Blow Out. Link HERE.
- Time Crunch Training: 10-minute Leg Circuit. Link HERE.
- Workout Finisher: The Single Plate Complex. Link HERE.
- 10 Ways to Build Strength Without Size. Link HERE.
- 10 Ways You’re Sabotaging Your Workouts. Link HERE.
- 5 Ways to Amp Up Barbell Complexes. Link HERE.
- 9 Ways to Amp Up a Pull Up. Link HERE.
- Uncommon Exercises to Combat Training Problems. Link HERE.
- 5 Ways to Amp Up Muscle Growth. Link HERE.
- December Bulk Fest. Link HERE.
- 5 Ways to Progress Your Workouts. Link HERE.
- Build Mass with Squats and Milk. Link HERE.
- 6-Week Fat Blast. Link HERE.
- 5 Tips for Cold Weather Training. Link HERE.
- March Madness Strength & Conditioning Program. Link HERE.
- Medicine Ball Exercises for Strength Training. Link HERE.
- Strategic Exercise Pairing for More Size. Link HERE.
- Strategic Circuit Training for Maximum Calorie Burn. Link HERE.
- Stagger Your Stance for More Gains. Link HERE.
- A Surfire Way to Learn the Clean. Link HERE.
- A Surfire Way to Learn the Snatch. Link HERE.
- 2-a-Day Training for Radical Gains. Link HERE.
- Why The Word ‘Cardio’ Doesn’t Make Sense. Link HERE.
- Single Arm Training: The Ab Solution You’ve Never Thought Of. Link HERE.
- The Real Tabata. Link HERE.
- The Ultimate Hybrid Size Workout. Link HERE.
- 5 Bodybuilding Rules You Have to Break to Add Size. Link HERE.
- Fat Loss Methods: Which is Right For You? Link HERE.
- Become a Basement Badass. Link HERE.
- My Top 3 Eye-Openers from the DVRT Ultimate Sandbag Training Level I & II Certification Course. Link HERE.
|Playing with Fire. Reps magazine. July/August 2013.
Russian Revolution: Kettlebell Training. Link HERE.
|6 Rounds of Sweat. Reps magazine. May/June 2013.
Fat Blasting Barbell Circuit, co-authored with Lee Boyce. Link HERE.
|6-Weeks to Mass Monster. MuscleMag. May 2013. Coauthored with Lee Boyce.|
|15-Min of Hell (in a good way). Reps Magazine. March/April 2013. Link HERE.|
|It’s In the Bag. Fat Burning & Strength Building Sandbag Workout. Reps Magazine. Nov/Dec 2012. Link HERE.|
|The 6-Week Perfect Balance Workout co-written with Lee Boyce. Inside Fitness Magazine. Oct/Nov 2012.|
|Play to Get Lean: Take Your Training Outdoors – Without Missing the Results You’d Get In the Gym. Men’s Fitness. July/August 2012. Link HERE.|
|Torch Your Belly Fat. Reps! Magazine. May/June 2012. Link HERE.
All Fired Up, coauthored with Michal Kapral.
|The Turkish Get Up: Functional Strength, Core Stability & Fitness in One Exercise. Inside Fitness Magazine. April/May 2012. Vol. 7 Issue 2.|
|Spinach for Efficiency and Arginine: An Infection Fighter in the Essentials section of the September/October 2011 issue of Maximum Fitness.|
For the Ladies
|Turkish Delight. Oxygen Magazine. June 2013.|
|Intense Fat Burning Workout: An Introduction to Sandbag Training. Oxygen Magazine. November 2012.|
|Super Fit Super Fast: An Introduction to Suspension Training. Oxygen Magazine. August 2012.|
|30-minutes to a Flab-free Butt! Glutes 2012 special issue by Oxygen Magazine.|
|4 Weeks to Your Best Butt! Oxygen Magazine. May 2012|
|Fast-Track Your Fat Loss – Oxygen Magazine’s Fat Loss Collector’s Issue, Winter 2012.|
|Tone Up, Look Sexy. Add a little oomph to your upper body with a strong finish to your workout. Oxygen Magazine. January 2012.|
For the Endurance Athletes
|The Breakdown of Foam Rolling and Self Massage. November/December 2013 issue of Canadian Running magazine.|
|Explosive Lifting for Faster Running. September/October 2013 issue of Canadian Running magazine.|
|Get Stronger, Run Faster. June 2013 issue of iRun magazine. Link HERE.|
|5 Reasons You’re Not Getting Stronger. Link HERE.
The Crunch-less Core Workout for Runners. Link HERE.
3 Lunge Variations You Should Be Doing. Link HERE.
|Build Strength with Non-Traditional Tools. May/June 2013 Canadian Running Magazine.|
|Spring Tune Up, iRun magazine. April 2013. Link HERE.|
|3 Tips to Improve Your Core Training. Men’s Running, UK. Link HERE.|
|Keep it Simple. Tips for an Injury Free Season. Runner’s World Magazine. Feb 2013.|
|Weightlifting Myths Debunked. Canadian Running Magazine. Jan/Feb 2013.|
|Do no harm in the gym with my latest article in Canadian Running Magazine. May/June 2012. Link HERE.|
|The Runner’s 6-Pack: 6 Functional Exercises to Improve Running Strength. February/March 2012 Issue. Link HERE.|
|Easy as A, B, C. Canadian Running Magazine. January/February 2012. Volume 5, Issue 1. Link HERE.|
|The Reign of a Sprain is a Bloody Pain in Trail Run Ezine, Australia/New Zealand, Vol. 1 Ed. #2, Spring 2011.|
|More Than Swim, Bike, Run: Effective Weight Training. Triathlon Magazine Canada, Volume 6/Issue 5, September/October 2011. Link HERE.|
|Running Times Magazine – July/August 2011 – co-authored Core Considerations with Vancouver, BC based Chiropractor Dr. Carla Cupido. PDF HERE.|
|Canadian Running magazine – May/June 2011 – wrote “Best Core Strength Workouts for Runners” Link HERE.|
|Canadian Running magazine – March/April 2011 – wrote “Power Tools” Link HERE.|
|IMPACT magazine – September/October 2010 – wrote “The Dynamics of Stretching.”|
|BC Coaches Perspective – Fall 2010 – wrote “Run Strong: Effective Strength, Power and Core Training for the Endurance Runner”|
|Canadian Running – July/August 2010 – wrote “Go Ahead and Jump: Using plyometric training to improve running performance” Link HERE.|
|Canadian Running – January/February 2010 – wrote “Stand your ground” Link HERE.|
|IMPACT magazine – March/April 2010, – wrote “Planks and Bridges Part II – Taking it to the next level”|
|Canadian Running – June/July 2009 – wrote “Functional Abs” Link HERE.|
|IMPACT Magazine – June/July 2009 – wrote “Planks and Bridges”|
|Canadian Running – March/April 2009 – wrote “Butt it Out” Link HERE.|
|Upper Body Training for Cyclists. Canadian Cycling Magazine. Feb/Mar 2013.|
|Mobility Drills for Cyclists. Canadian Cycling Magazine. Aug/Sept 2012.|
|Power Your Way to Speed: Improved Strength Leads to a Faster You. Canadian Cycling Magazine. Feb-March 2012. Vol. 3 Issue 1|
|Train Hard, Recover Harder – 6 Steps to better recovery. Canadian Cycling Magazine. October/November 2011.|
|Canadian Cycling Magazine – June/July 2011 – co-authored “All Crossed Up” with Dr. Carla Cupido, a Vancouver-based chiropractor. PDF HERE.|
|IMPACT Magazine – May/June 2011 – wrote “Tall in the Saddle”|
|Canadian Cycling magazine – February/March 2011 – wrote “Weight Training – Forget the tires, pump up your body”|
- Planks Gone Bad. Link HERE.
- What’s in Your Gym Bag? Link HERE.
- Natural Running. Link HERE.
- Strength Work for Runners. Link HERE.
- Exercise of the Month: Angled Barbell Squat. Link HERE.
- 16 Exercise Favorites from the World’s Best Trainers. Livestrong.com. Link HERE.
- The Death of “Functional” in Personal Training. The Personal Trainer Development Center. Link HERE.
- What are Strength Exercises for Runners? The Science and the Programming. Link HERE.
- GPP: Train for Life and Prepare for Anything. The Greatist. Link HERE.
- How to Fix the Most Common Workout Mistakes. The Greatist. Co-authored with JC Deen. Link HERE.
- The Ultimate Sandbag Full Body Workout. The Greatist. Link HERE.
|Effective Core Training? in the FitLifeBC Magazine (V.03 / Issue 02/03 Spring/Summer 2011) – a BCRPA publication.|
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-2799157-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);